Focused Nutrition Environmental Policy
Focused Nutrition is committed to sustainable activities wherever possible.
We subscribe to the climate change levy system and office lighting is provided on demand in response to necessity.
The company heats its offices using only occasional heating as required.
Water is metered to measured usage and no water or liquid effluent is discharged into watercourses either directly or indirectly.
Relatively little waste is generated and we work closely with a refuse disposal contractor.
Our commitment is to:
- Separate paper waste for recycling
- Reduce office paper usage
- Reduce food waste generation
- Encourage consumers to reduce waste and recycle
Each year we set ourselves targets to reduce our environmental impact, encompassing:
- Re-evaluating food targets
- Consistently improving product quality
- Reducing food production waste
- Rescoping ethical targets
- Increasing engagement and support for local communities
- Resetting environmental targets
- Exploring opportunities for better food supply chain management
- Reducing paper usage
- Improving packaging targets
- Reviewing packaging materials
Supply Chain Targets
Optimising time and delivery rates
Food Target Monitoring
- Monitoring types of food waste generated
- Setting additional controls to manage waste more effectively
- Reviewing production methods to reduce waste sent for disposal
- Reassessing food waste recycling
- Recycling all waste products efficiently
- Continuously improving staff/colleague facilities
- Extensively developing colleague training
- Increasing awareness of Fairtrade
- Scanning instead of copying
- Encouraging consumers to reduce waste and recycle
- Reviewing labelling to help customers manage waste more productively
- Separate and recycle packaging from inbound goods
- Recycle boxes and inner packaging where possible
- Recycle outer packaging materials
- Reduce bulky packaging
- Set new transport targets
- Run vehicles at full capacity to reduce delivery costs
- Collect, return and recycle empty pallets
- Encourage car sharing among staff colleagues
- Many staff now share transport, or are cycling – 30% of staff now cycle.
Contact us now and we'll help your business grow
We have the know-how and the knowledge to help you, by using our experience and expertise to create unique products that will boost your bottom line. And your profits.